USS Shanghai (Vesta)
The USS Shanghai was destroyed by an Orion Carrier over Akilor in 2388. Many of the crew were killed, but just as many were pulled through a rupture in subspace. Needing a ship, Admiral Relau Chlan was able to have another vessel prepared swiftly. A Vesta Class had been prepared, but was quickly rechristened as the USS Shanghai-A. During its first few years, it served as a standard bearer for the Admiral, but when due a refit the Admiral chose to step down. Captain Sun Mei Xiang stepped in to take the reins, having served as her Executive Officer for years.
The refit was extensive, changing the USS Shanghai from its role as an Admiral's flagship to a veritable mothership. With an experienced command team, and a lineage of flight operations, the ship was refitted to serve as a hybrid carrier and explorer. The ship was chosen to be the lead vessel in the Rimward Exploration Initiative in Auriga Perseus.
Main Cast of Characters
- Captain Sun Mei Xiang, Commanding Officer
- Commander Karsel'lyn Lylyl-Llytherraias, Aerospace Group Commander
- Lieutenant Commander Christine Descharmes, Second Officer
- Lieutenant Commander James Barnes, Chief Intelligence Officer
- Lieutenant Commander Wale Scholl, Chief Science Officer and Head of Science Division
- Lieutenant Limmi Ovim, Chief Tactical Officer
- Lieutenant Gavin Ross, Chief Medical Officer
- Lieutenant JG Isabelle Veran, Chief Counselor
- Ensign Jane Sinclair, Chief Flight Control Officer
- Ensign Eleanor Alexander, Diplomatic Officer
- Ensign Iria Taltos, Damage Control Specialist
- 1st Lieutenant Lisa Jones, Marine Commanding Officer
- Staff Sergeant Kyle Walken, Scout/Sniper Section Leader
- Civilian Dependant Rana Jennar, Operations Crewman
You can find a full crew list here.
When the USS Shanghai-A was first launched, following its predecessor's destruction, it was refit to serve as a proper mothership for the Rimward Exploration Initiative in Auriga Perseus. These refits made it effective as a hybrid carrier and explorer.
The USS Shanghai-A serves as home to the 464th Aerospace Group as well as Echo Company of the 13th Marine Corps Reconnaissance Battalion stationed in Auriga Perseus. Between these two attached forces and the regular complement of a Vesta-class, the USS Shanghai-A has the following attached auxiliary craft:
- Type 11 Heavy Personnel Shuttle: 2
- Type 9 Light Personnel Shuttle: 6
- Type 18 Shuttlepod: 8
- Argo Class Transports: 4
- Danube Class Runabouts: 2
- Venture Class Scouts: 2
- Valkyrie Class Superiority Fighters: 12
- McCall Class Escort Fighters: 20
- Sovereign-Type Captain's Yacht: 1, Calanthe
- Intelligence Runabout
- Private Runabout